Programmer creates 800,000 books algorithmically, starts selling them on Amazon
“Thanks to digital distribution and print-on-demand solutions, a whole new book can be generated on an incredibly obscure topic as soon as someone buys it. The system will be able to compile an entire book on the subject in the range of ten minutes to a few hours. It’s that simple.”
In addition to our latest selection of acquisitions from November 2012 (see below for covers, catalogue details & previews) the Library is pleased to feature Thomson Reuters DataStream which provides access to data on Financial Markets, consumer and Business Confidence Indices, Commodity Prices and more:
· up to 50 years’ worth of historical financial content including global instruments and indicators covering 175 countries in 60 global markets;
· Real-time Market Data with economic news, First Call research reports, and more in a single integrated application;
· Graphical presentations of trends and relationships between data series allowing analysis across a broad range of financial instruments in one place;
· An interface allowing manipulation of content to help test ideas, construct themes, forecast market future conditions, understand cross asset relationships and identify patterns;
· Dynamic Reporting based on complex models and reports that can be linked within Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint or Word documents so you can create spread-sheets, presentations and documents that can be quickly refreshed with the latest data at the click of a button.
For more information see http://share.thomsonreuters.com/general/dm_marketing/pdfs/DSP_Brochure.pdf , watch the short Datastream Professional demo or come visit the Library.
Please do not hesitate to send us your comments, questions or suggestions and we will be delighted to provide further explanations and hands on help as required.
PS Our comfy chairs now have added iPads: